Categories
Sport News

Luis Suarez receives six-match ban for spitting incident

Luis Suarez has been handed a six-match suspension for spitting at a Seattle Sounders staff member during Inter Miami’s 3-0 defeat in the Leagues Cup final.

The ban, issued by tournament organizers, applies only to Leagues Cup fixtures and will take effect from the 2026 edition of the competition.

Given the structure of the tournament, Suarez’s punishment could extend across multiple seasons if Inter Miami do not reach the latter stages.

The Leagues Cup consists of a group phase followed by knockout rounds, with a maximum of six matches per team.

Meanwhile, the 38-year-old striker apologized publicly on Thursday for his actions.

Other sanctions were also issued following the post-match altercation.

Inter Miami’s Sergio Busquets received a two-match ban for throwing a punch at Seattle’s Obed Vargas, while teammate Tomas Avilés was given a three-match suspension.

Seattle coach Steven Lenhart was banned for five matches. All four individuals were also fined.

The suspension does not affect Suarez’s participation in Major League Soccer, though reports suggest further disciplinary action could still be considered.

Categories
News

NNPP Expels Abdulmumin Jibrin

The Kano State chapter of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) has expelled Abdulmumin Jibrin Kofa, the House of Representatives member for Kiru/Bebeji constituency, citing anti-party activities and failure to meet his financial obligations to the party.

The Chairman of NNPP in Kano, Hashim Sulaiman Dungurawa, who made the disclosure while briefing journalists in Kano on Saturday, said the decision followed Jibrin’s repeated media outbursts against the party and its leadership.

Daily Trust reports that this is coming barely 24 hours after the member said it shouldn’t come as a surprise if he dumps the party.

He also said he is old enough to take a stand independently what is best for him politically.

Reacting, Dungurawa described Jibrin as a “weak politician” whose electoral success was only made possible through the Kwankwasiyya movement and NNPP platform, not personal strength.

“If he was truly strong politically, he would have won his election under the APC, but he failed. It was when he joined NNPP through Kwankwasiyya that he became a House of Reps member. Now he is deceiving himself thinking he is strong,”
Dungurawa said.

He explained that a reconciliation committee had initially been set up to engage Jibrin after his interview with Channels Television, but said a subsequent media outing proved he had crossed the line.

“Instead of dialogue, he went further to work against our interest, openly declaring loyalty outside the party. That is why we expelled him. He has no value to add,”
the chairman said.

Dungurawa further accused Jibrin of defaulting in the payment of mandatory party dues, vowing that NNPP would institute legal action to recover the funds.

“We will drag him to court to recover what he owes the party. It is a constitutional requirement for every member to pay dues, but he has consistently failed to do so,”
he added.

On speculations that Jibrin may return to the APC, Dungurawa said such a move would not affect NNPP’s strength, stressing that “politics is about groups and coalitions” and Kwankwasiyya remains solidly behind its leader, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.

Categories
Sport News

Man Utd Agree Deal For Andre Onana To Leave Club

Manchester United have reportedly reached a verbal agreement with Trabzonspor for a loan move involving Andre Onana.

However, the final decision now lies with the Cameroon goalkeeper.

Onana has only featured in the Carabao Cup second round exit at Grimsby Town this season.

United manager, Ruben Amorim, has so far preferred Altay Bayindir for the club’s Premier League fixtures.

The Red Devils also signed Senne Lammens in an £18 million deal from Royal Antwerp this summer.

Football transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano, wrote on X: “Trabzonspor reach verbal agreement with Manchester United to sign André Onana on loan.

“Club to club verbal agreement in place and final decision now up to Onana.

“It’s only up to the goalkeeper.”

Categories
Entertainment News

Women Also Cheat Just As Men, But They Are Smarter – Nollywood Actor, Kunle Afod Says

Actor and filmmaker Kunle Afod has sparked debate with his views on infidelity, claiming that women cheat just as much as men but are better at concealing it.

In an interview with Biola Bayo, he linked the rise in DNA testing to women’s infidelity and criticised the use of dildos, equating it to “worshipping an idol” and questioning why one would not suffice. 

“I believe women cheat just as men, just that they are smarter. Immediately a man starts having an affair, the wife will notice. A man who cheats with a woman, not a wood. The issue of DNA has most women as culprits.

“This cheating is the same everywhere. Women now cheat to the extent of having multiple dildos. Is one dildo not enough? I don’t want to cheat on my husband, yet you bought a dildo. In my heart, you already worshipped an idol”, he said.

In the same interview, Afod  praised his wife, Desola, for the strength of their marriage.

Afod acknowledged that their relationship, like any other, faces challenges but described Desola as “the best woman ever,” emphasising that women play a critical role in sustaining a home through tough times.

“Any home that survives the test of time, the woman is the one responsible for it. My wife and I have our own issues, just the same way, but it’s every home. But, I want to tell her today that she is the best woman ever,”
he said.

Categories
Entertainment News

Nigerian Billionaire Businessman, Femi Otedola’s Speech At His Daughter, Temi’s Wedding To Singer Mr Eazi (Video)

A video of billionaire businessman Femi Otedola delivering a speech at his daughter Temi’s wedding to singer Tosin Ajibade, popularly known as Mr Eazi, has surfaced online.

Temi and Mr Eazi had their much talked about white wedding in Iceland on August 8.

As the father of the bride, the billionaire businessman pointed out that it is evident that Temi and Mr Eazi are truly in love with each other. He asked his daughter to succumb to the wishes and caprices of your husband.

‘’You found a great guy, a very great guy, blessed guy, comes from a decent family.One thing I will advice you Temi is, you have to succumb to the wish and caprices of your husband. He is your husband. He is your boss. There is no more daddy o..don’t call me.

One thing I like about both of them and have observed is that they are truly in love with each other. Temi is an entrepreneur, Tosin is an entrepreneur. So you match each other. This is made in heaven.

For Tosin, you are going to go places. I have seen the entrepreneurial skill in you. When we were much younger, we used to think we used to hustle but not like your generation. You are hustlers, real hustlers and it has always paid off.

Continue to love Temi. When you have issues and problems, just keep it within yourself. Never call any friend to say I have this problem. Just keep it within your walls and God will bless you and bless your marriage.”

He went on to hand them his wedding gift which was his bestselling book, ‘Making It Big: Lessons from a Life in Business’.

Watch the video below:

Categories
Entertainment News

Temi Otedola Drops Father’s Name After Marriage To Mr Eazi

One of the daughters of billionaire Femi Otedola, Temi Otedola, has officially dropped her surname.

Checks on her Instagram page, shows that Temi has now added ‘Ajibade’ to her name, after she got married to Nigerian singer Mr Eazi.

Mr Eazi’s real name is Oluwatosin Ajibade.

The couple tied the knot in a couple of lavish weddings across Monaco, Dubai, and Iceland this year.

The traditional marriage took place at the Otedola’s residence in Dubai, UAE.

But the church ceremony, which had family and friends in attendance, was held in Iceland.

Temi has now publicly showed her commitment to Mr Eazi by taking his surname, sparking fresh debates on social media.

Categories
News

Nigerians Top List Of Asylum Seekers In Ireland

Data from Ireland’s Department of Justice, Home Affairs and Migration shows that Nigeria now ranks as the leading country of origin for asylum seekers in Ireland.

Asylum refers to the protection granted by a country to individuals fleeing persecution in their home nations.

An asylum seeker is someone who has applied for this protection and awaits a decision on their refugee status.

The latest report, published in August, shows Ireland is experiencing a decline in new asylum applications. Authorities recorded 1,164 applications in July 2025, down from 1,735 in July 2024, marking a significant slowdown in fresh claims.

Between January and July 2025, asylum applications totalled 7,207, a 42 percent drop compared to 12,236 recorded in the same period last year.

Nigeria tops the list of countries of origin with 1,083 applications, followed by Pakistan (945), Somalia (933), Afghanistan (767) and Georgia (462).

“The number of applications pending in the IPO has been reducing since the end of September 2024, when it stood at 23,863. As of July this year, there were 18,323 applications pending,” the department reported.

It added that compared to last year, there has been “an increase in the number of applications where the IPO made a recommendation or otherwise closed off a case.”

In July 2025, 1,755 cases were closed, compared to 1,294 in July 2024.

The department clarified that the figures, extracted on August 8, are operational and may be updated as cases continue to be processed.

Meanwhile, the United Kingdom is facing record-high asylum numbers, with nearly 89,000 applications lodged in the year to June 2025, and a backlog of over 224,000 cases awaiting decisions or appeals.

Categories
Entertainment News

Mohbad’s Father Releases Special Song Ahead Of His Second Year De@th Anniversary

Joseph Aloba, father of late singer Mohbad, has released a special song in honor of his upcoming second death anniversary.

The singer passed away in controversial circumstances on September 12, 2023. He was 27 years old.

In the new song, the distraught father called for justice to be served for his deceased son.

He believes that there is more to the cause of death of the singer and wants those behind to be held accountable.

Watch the video below:

Here

Categories
Entertainment News

Ibrahim Chatta mourns as he loses ‘son’

Nollywood actor Ibrahim Chatta has been thrown into mourning following the passing of his supposed son, which he announced via Instagram on Saturday.

The actor who once lost his first child during a time of his struggle over the inability to afford the hospital bill suffers a similar fate.

Sharing a photo of the late boy, the 54-year-old actor wrote: “Inna liLlahi wa inna ileyhi rajiun. Ya Allah, You are the Knower of all things. Rest on Dear Son. Champ💔💔💔💔.”

Actress Tawa Ajisefini reacted: “Haaaaa Subuhanallah. I’m so sorry uncle. Condolences.”

Fellow actor Jamiu Azeez also wrote: “Haaaaaa God pls have mercy on us ooo, dadad this is too much o.”

As of the time of filing this report, it remains unclear whether the deceased was Chatta’s biological son or a close relative.

The development comes just days after Nollywood veteran Peju Ogunmola lost her only child, Ayomikun, plunging the entertainment industry further into grief.

Categories
Entertainment News

More Glamorous Photos From Mr Eazi And Temi Otedola’s Wedding In Iceland

Additional photos from the wedding of singer Mr Eazi and billionaire heiress/actress Temi Otedola have surfaced online.

The couple tied the knot in a private wedding ceremony at Hallgrimskirkja Church, an iconic landmark in Iceland on August 8.

Notable guests at the wedding included Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, comedian Broda Shaggi, and many others.

More photos below…