Pep Guardiola has spoken out about Manchester City’s recent attacks, following reports that the club has been charged by the Premier League for financial irregularities.
It was reported earlier that the English club has been charged with 101 breaches of financial regulations since the takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, with the punishment a long way from being decided.
SUGGESTION: You can get News updates directly on WhatsApp by clicking “HERE”.
Reacting to questions on the development from reporters on Friday, February 10, Guardiola stated that while he feels they’ve already been condemned even though prosecutors are yet to prove the charges, he still believes they are “innocent until proven guilty”.
The club’s coach said;
“My thought is that we have already been condemned. Since Monday it is like what happened with UEFA. The club proved that they were completely innocent, why should I think right now, with just charges of suggestions… You have to understand that the 19 teams of the Premier League are accusing us without opportunity to defend ourselves. You know exactly on what side I am.
“We are lucky we live in a society where everybody is innocent until proven guilty. We didn’t have this opportunity. (People say) we are already guilty. I think we have good lawyers but the Premier League – supported by 19 teams – are going to take good lawyers too. If we are not innocent we will accept what the judge or Premier League decide, but what happens if it’s the same as UEFA and we are innocent? What happens to restore our damage?”
The Premier League has referred Manchester City to an independent commission for alleged financial rule violations.
The alleged breaches span a period from the 2009-10 season to the 2017-18 Premier League campaign.
SUGGESTION: You can get News updates directly on WhatsApp by clicking “HERE”.
The charges relate to financial information regarding revenue, details of manager and player remuneration, UEFA regulations, profitability, and sustainability and cooperation on with Premier League investigations.
The Premier League said in a statement;
“In accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1, the Premier League confirms that it has today [February 6 2023] referred a number of alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules by Manchester City Football Club (Club) to a commission under Premier League Rule W.3.4.
“Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the commission will be appointed by the independent chair of the Premier League judicial panel, in accordance with Premier League rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.
“The proceedings before the commission will, in accordance with Premier League rule W.82, be confidential and heard in private. Under Premier League rule W.82.2, the commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website.
“This confirmation is made in accordance with Premier League rule W.82.1. The Premier League will be making no further comment in respect of this matter until further notice.”
Since being taken over by the Abu Dhabi group in 2008, Manchester City have become one of football’s powerhouses thanks to considerable financial investment.
The arrival of the Gulf based owners heralded a new era of unprecedented success with the club winning six Premier League titles since the takeover.
Under the guidance of former Barcelona and Bayern coach Pep Guardiola, City won the Premier League in the 2017-18 season, becoming the only team in the competition history to attain 100 points in a single season. In 2018–19, they won four trophies, completing an unprecedented sweep of all domestic titles in England and becoming the first English men’s team to win the domestic treble.
The Champions League title remains ‘unfinished business’ for the Sky Blues after the 2021 final defeat to Chelsea in Porto.
Ahead of the January transfer deadline, it has been reported that Portuguese footballer Joao Cancelo will leave Manchester City on loan to join Bayern Munich for the rest of the season.
Cancelo has been a key player for City in recent times, taking in 36 appearances for the Premier League champions last season while making the PFA Premier League Team of the Year in each of the last two campaigns.
SUGGESTION: You can get News updates directly on WhatsApp by clicking “HERE” and joining our group.
Some English media platforms reported that Manchester United and Bayern Munich are working out a short-term move with an option to buy him for €70 million (£61.6 million).
The 28-year-old spent three and a half years at the Etihad after joining the club from Juventus in 2019 for €65 million (£60 million).
Cancelo is now eager to leave to get first-team football after losing his place since the World Cup.
The Portugal international has only started three of City’s 10 games since the World Cup and has not featured since the Manchester derby defeat.
City’s shift in tactics, plus the emergence of teenager Rico Lewis, the ability of Nathan Ake to play left-back, and the fact manager Pep Guardiola has five central defenders in his squad means they believe they have enough cover to cope without him for the rest of the season.
Bayern has already lost left-back Lucas Hernandez for the rest of the season with a cruciate ligament injury.
The club’s full-back Noussair Mazrouai was also sidelined recently, though they did sign the Netherlands international Daley Blind.
Bayern could also lose Benjamin Pavard this summer, with the France defender’s contract running out in 2024, all of which makes Cancelo a timely addition immediately and for the future.
If Cancelo seals a switch before the winter window closes on Tuesday, then he would be in line to make his debut for Bayern in either a DFB-Pokal clash with Mainz on Wednesday or a Bundesliga trip to Wolfsburg on Sunday.
Since Pep Guardiola was hired, Manchester City Football Club has been known for smashing records.
Since Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger for Manchester United and Arsenal, the Spaniard’s team has scored as many goals as any other team led by a single manager. As of right now, Manchester City is the third team in the Premier League with at least 600 goals scored under a single manager.
After scoring the second goal against Brighton in the Premier League on Saturday, October 22, 2022, which was scored by Erling Haaland, the Cityzens accomplished this achievement.
Jurgen Klopp, the manager of Liverpool, responded to his team’s UEFA Champions League thrashing of Rangers.
In advance of the Premier League matchup against Manchester City, Klopp was questioned about the team’s mentality. The German claimed that his side would make the best possible preparations for the contest.
The best football team is waiting on Sunday, coming to Anfield. We will see what we can do.
Since the start of the Premier League this season, Liverpool has had a string of bad performances. After humiliating Rangers 7-1, the Merseyside team is in a terrific mood going into the encounter against the Cityzens. The Reds only need a point to secure a berth in the next round since they are only one point behind Napoli.
The record-breaking performance by Erling Haaland for Manchester City in the Premier League does not appear to be coming to an end any time soon.
A single goal from the Norwegian brought his league total to 15 goals despite only scoring once versus Southampton. With this goal, he has now equaled the league-high total of goals scored by Kevin De Bruyne in the previous campaign.
Haaland has scored 15 league goals in just nine games this season, compared to De Bruyne’s season-long total of 15 Premier League goals for Manchester City last year.
Humiliation in the first half and respect in the second
After humiliating Man United 6–3 in the Derby, Haaland and Manchester City made sure to demonstrate who is in charge.
Particularly the first half was especially tense because City was leading United 4–0 at the break.
Some Manchester United supporters left right away because they had had enough of the awful performance.
Security at the stadium reportedly prevented a Man United fan from leaving because he had wagered his house and wife on Man United to win the game.
A lovely match!
Who Was Your Derby Player of the Match?
Let’s hear from everyone.
Leave a comment.
Erling Haaland has talked openly about the players who approached him about choosing Manchester City over other teams.
The Norwegian forward opened up in a recent interview about players who had reached out to him, offering words of advice and urging him to choose the blue side of Manchester. Erling Haaland’s move to Manchester City, which continues to shock the world of football today, has been a topic of conversation to this point.
This took place soon after Manchester City vs. Borussia Dortmund in 2021.
Haaland revealed that more than 15 players had called him and sent him notes, in which they mentioned four important stars who had persuaded him to choose City. Phil Foden, John Stones, Ruben Dias, and Kevin de Bruyne were among these players.
Haaland disclosed: “It’s the best sporting project in the football world right now… it’s where I think I’ll do the best.After City-BVB in 2021, almost 15 people said I should come. Stones, Dias, Foden, de Bruyne.
After scoring a hat-trick last week against Crystal Palace, the Manchester City striker goes for more as he scores a thumping 3 goals in the First Half match against Nottingham Forest.
The striker is currently the top goal scorer with 9 goals at Premier League 2022/23 season.
The match against Nottingham Forest ended 6-0.
Watch the match highlight below.
How Many Goals Will Erling Haaland End Up Scoring This Season? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.