Categories
News

You Can’t Sack Tinubu With Same Method Used Against Jonathan – Kwankwaso Warns El-Rufai

Musa Ilyasu Kwankwoso, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano State has sent a message to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasiru El-Rufai.
According to him, El-Rufai can’t remove President Bola Tinubu the same way he orchestrated the removal of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Kwankwaso stated this ahead of the 2027 general elections.
In a statement issued to journalists in Kano on Tuesday, Kwankwaso described El-Rufai’s approach as outdated and ineffective, warning that the same tactics used against former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 could not be replicated against Tinubu.
“You cannot oust President Bola Tinubu from the presidency in 2027 by engaging in the same method you did to former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015, using poverty, insecurity and economic devastation. Your blackmail is clear to all,” Kwankwaso said.
The APC chieftain maintained that President Tinubu had made notable progress in addressing insecurity and stabilizing prices of commodities, crediting National Security Adviser Nuhu Ribadu for ongoing improvements in the security sector. He accused El-Rufai of being displeased with these gains, insisting that Nigerians could clearly see the government’s efforts.
Kwankwaso further challenged El-Rufai to present evidence to support his allegations that the Tinubu administration was sponsoring banditry and other criminal acts. “In the absence of such evidence, El-Rufai should desist from further comments and allow the government to continue the good things it is doing for Nigerians,” he added.
He also alleged that El-Rufai was attempting to instigate the northern region against the Tinubu administration, but stressed that northerners were “not stupid” and could see the progress being made in areas like Birnin Gwari, Sokoto, and Borno.
Tagging the emerging coalition of opposition politicians as “a failure,” Kwankwaso argued that figures such as Atiku Abubakar, Rabiu Kwankwaso, and El-Rufai had nothing better to offer Nigerians. “Who amongst them has performed as good as Tinubu when he had the chance?” he asked.
The Kano APC stalwart also recalled recent successes recorded by security agencies in arresting commanders of bandits and terrorists. He called on Nigerians to continue supporting the Tinubu administration while discarding “all forms of blackmail perpetrated by opposition figures.”
Categories
News

Peter Obi: Even The President Does Not Do This Monthly Show Of Shame – Obidient Movement Lambasts Wike

The Obidient Movement has lambasted the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike.
The group was reacting to Wike’s warning to the Peoples Democratic Party against fielding former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi in the 2027 election.
Speaking during his monthly media parley, Wike had warned the party that presenting Obi as the PDP’s candidate could “create problems for the party.”
Wike claimed that Obi’s return would only deepen the party’s troubles, arguing that the former Anambra State governor lacked political integrity, having previously described the PDP as “rotten.”
Speaking to Punch, Obi’s former campaign spokesman and National Coordinator of the Obidient Movement Worldwide, Yunusa Tanko, faulted Wike’s frequent attacks, describing them as an obsession.
Tanko said, “It is quite surprising. These continuous media parleys that Wike hosts every month are becoming worrisome. Is it the duty of the FCT minister to do so, or does he prefer to waste taxpayers’ money?
 
“He is not the Governor of the FCT or the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He is just a minister. Even the President does not do this monthly show of shame. That is what I will call it.
 
“Instead of him giving a monthly account of the money given to him as the FCT minister, he is busy engaging in trivial issues, which are political and not even part of his schedule of duty.
 
“His particular references to Peter Obi, continuously, seem to be a way to always be in the limelight and act as if he has credibility. He is obsessed with this man all the time. Every month, you must speak about him. It is totally unacceptable. Peter Obi does not even bother whether he exists or not.”
 
Tanko further accused Wike of using government funds to pursue personal grudges rather than focus on his duties.
 
“We are only focusing on what he wants to do for the people, pulling them out of poverty, changing the narrative, talking about health and security, and challenging the government where they are wrong.
 
“I think there will be a time when he will be held accountable for the people’s funds that he is using to malign individuals he has no business with daily.
 
“These continuous media parleys should be discarded, and the media should not continue to gratify them. If he is accounting for what is already in his coffers and seeing what he is doing, it is understandable. But this one now, he is just engaging in political brouhaha, which is totally unacceptable,” he stated.
Categories
News

Fubara Will Return September 18, We’ll Work With Him – Rivers APC

The Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has pledged to work with Governor Sim Fubara.
This is as the party revealed he will return to office on September 18.
The state APC Chairman, Chief Tony Okocha, assured that the party is ready to work with Fubara when he resumes office.
Addressing journalists in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, Okocha said the party won’t relent in holding Fubara accountable despite agreeing to work with him.
He said, “The governor who was suspended will return to office on September 18. The APC will work with him when he returns.
 
“There are states where the governor and assembly members are in different parties, so we are going to work with him.
 
“However, that will not take away our right to criticise him when he does wrong. But for us, the LG chairmen will work with him, except that we will not agree to vicious policies.”
On March 18, President Bola Tinubu suspended Fubara for six months after declaring a state of emergency in the state.
Tinubu also suspended the deputy governor and the state House of Assembly while appointing a sole administrator.
Categories
News

I Did Not Make A Mistake In Choosing You – Tinubu To Shettima

President Bola Tinubu has hailed his Vice President Kashim Shettima,
While celebriting him on his 59th birthday today, Tinubu thanked him for his loyalty.
Tinubu added that he made no mistake in selecting him as his deputy.
The President also hailed his vice for his dedication and performance since they began their partnership in office on May 29, 2023.
Tinubu’s statement read: “Today, September 2, 2025, presents me with another unique opportunity to celebrate you, my brother, partner, and Vice President, as you mark another birthday.
 
“Since we embarked on this journey, united by the shared vision of building a more prosperous nation, your courage, sense of duty, tenacity, determination, and belief in Nigeria’s greatness have remained unshaken.
 
“You served the people of Borno, your home state, excellently as Governor for eight years and later as Senator representing Borno Central in the National Assembly. In both roles, you showed that leadership is service, not privilege, even in the face of immense challenges.
 
“However, your service to Nigeria, fueled by your passion for democracy, good governance, and economic development, has been even more remarkable.
 
“I deeply appreciate your vibrancy, loyalty, partnership, and support as my deputy. In choosing you then as a partner, I selected competence and other qualities that Nigeria could depend on. 
 
“Every day, as Vice President, you have justified that choice by strengthening our work, bringing fresh perspectives, and upholding our commitment to Nigerians. Your dedication reassures me that I did not make a mistake in choosing you as my deputy.
 
“Together, we have begun to lay the foundations of the Renewed Hope Agenda. From securing new global partnerships across the Atlantic to driving food security and investment reforms at home, your partnership has been integral to our success. 
 
“In the months ahead, as we unlock new trade corridors and deliver more schools, hospitals, and jobs, our partnership will continue to yield results that Nigerians can see and feel. We must continue to work towards the full realisation of the Renewed Hope Agenda, which will foster prosperity in the country and enhance the living standards of our people.
 
“Our relationship transcends official duties. It is a bridge across regions and traditions, united in purpose and service. You remind us of what is possible when Nigeria comes first — an example worthy of emulation by those who aspire to lead.
 
“On this occasion of your 59th birthday, I heartily wish you renewed vitality, wisdom and more years of impact.
 
“Happy birthday, Kashim, and many happy returns!”
Categories
News

I Did Not Inherit Any Money From My Father; I Built Everything From Scratch – Aliko Dangote

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote has revealed that he built his company from scratch without inheriting any money from his father.
Speaking on how he built his empire, Dangote revealed that while he hails from a lineage of affluence, he built everything he has from scratch.
He said: “I came from a wealthy family. My late great-grandfather in the 1940s was actually the richest, you know, West African. My late grandfather was one of the wealthiest Nigerians, you know.
 
The family name is Dentata. That’s from my maternal side. My father too, you know, was fairly rich, you know, but he was both, you know, in business and also in politics.
 
But you know, David, one thing that I’m very, very proud of is that I did not inherit any money from my father. I built everything from scratch to where I am. Well, he lived in the world, but you know, I mean, whatever that I inherited from him, which means in assets, I gave that on to charity since then.
 
I started work with my, you know, uncle, but this few months and then I went to Lagos and now I started my own business by just, you know, buying cement, selling. You know, it was just a very low-key business. The issue is that when you look at cement, cement is what builds infrastructure and we need a lot of infrastructural deficits.
 
In Nigeria alone, we have about 17,000 deficit of housing and it is all over in, you know, Africa. So when we started cement in Nigeria, we realized that majority of it was actually imported and that is why we went in there, we started and it’s a long story.”
Categories
News

Ebonyi Reps Member Dumps Labour Party

Nkemkanma Kama, the lawmaker representing Ohaozara, Onicha, and Ivo Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives has dumped the Labour Party.
He announced his decision in a letter addressed to the Ward Chairman of the party in Amaze Ward, Ishiagu Community, Ivo Local Government Area.
In the letter, Kama said his decision followed extensive consultations with both his immediate family members, political associates, and other well-wishers.
According to him, after careful consideration, he concluded that the step was necessary for the greater good of his people.
The lawmaker, who won his seat in 2023 under the LP banner, expressed deep appreciation to the party leadership and members, particularly in Abia State for the support he got in 2023.
“I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the Labour Party for the platform given to me to contest and win the last general election as the House of Representatives member under its banner,” he wrote.
The lawmaker did not state the party he is joining next, but there are indications that he may be joining the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Recall that following the leadership crisis that recently rocked the party, several stakeholders have left for other parties.
Categories
News

U.S. Reportedly Revoking Valid Visas of Nigerians

The United States Embassy in Nigeria has reportedly begun revoking valid visas of Nigerian citizens, leaving professionals, entrepreneurs, frequent travellers, and families stranded.
This was revealed by former Chief Corporate Communications Officer of NNPC Ltd, Olufemi Soneye in an article titled “The Quiet Revocation: Why is the U.S. Silently Cancelling Nigerians’ Visas?”
He stated that several affected individuals have confirmed receiving official letters from the embassy in recent weeks, instructing them to submit their passports at the consulate in Lagos or Abuja. Upon submission, their visas were cancelled without explanation.
The cancellation notices, citing Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 41.122, vaguely stated that “new information became available after the visa was issued,” but provided no details, evidence, or avenues for appeal.
Among those impacted are a prominent journalist, the head of a federal government agency scheduled to deliver an international address, and an Abuja-based entrepreneur with a spotless travel record.
Others include professionals and frequent travellers who rely on visas for education, family reunions, medical treatment, and critical business engagements.
Some travellers only discovered the cancellations at airports and boarding gates, with a few briefly detained by immigration officials before being turned back. Several were forced to cancel trips, refund tickets, and explain to partners why they could no longer attend important meetings.
Despite the gravity of the situation, neither the U.S. Embassy nor Nigerian authorities have issued a public statement addressing the wave of cancellations, leaving affected citizens in limbo.
Those affected insist they have never overstayed visas, violated immigration rules, or raised security concerns. The sudden revocations have therefore sparked fears of a quiet but targeted tightening of U.S. visa policy against Nigerians.
Categories
News

Wike Destroyed PDP, Not In Position to Talk About Character – Abati Slams FCT Minister

Reuben Abati, a veteran journalist and former Senior Adviser on Media and Publicity to former President Goodluck Jonathan has lashed out at FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike.
He accused Wike of destroying the Peoples Democratic Party.
Abati was reacting to Wike’s statement warning the PDP not to field Peter Obi in the 2027 election.
He also warned the party against allowing former President Goodluck Jonathan to contest under the party.
Abati slammed Wike, saying he doesn’t have the moral ground to speak recklessly and unintelligently about Peter Obi, Goodluck Johnathan and Nasir El-Rufai.
Abati urged the minister to question his own character rather than attacking other political opponents.
Abati, the lead anchor in the popular Arise TV breakfast talk show, Morning Show, stated this on Tuesday.
He said: “Now he is saying that if Mr Peter Obi comes back to the PDP, the PDP will be destroyed, because Peter Obi doesn’t have the character having condemned PDP as a rotten party to come back to the PDP.
 
“Wike is not in a position to talk about character. Okay, he is not the one to talk about character. In fact, if he talks about character, he should question his own character.
 
“I don’t know why people have problems with basic intelligence and decorum. He goes on television, and he says, you know, ‘Peter Obi doesn’t have character. Peter Obi left PDP and went to Labor Party, now he’s in ADC’. In fact, it is Wike himself that destroyed the party.
 
“And he also says, ‘President Jonathan should not come back, come and run on the platform of the PDP because he’s a statesman and all of that’. He’s not in a position to advise President Jonathan just as he has made it clear that nobody can advise him.
 
“Who is he to determine the destiny of the Peoples Democratic Party when he is already in another political party? I blame the media. The media gives him platform to disparage other political opponents.
 
“Yesterday, was talking about Peter Obi. He was talking about President Jonathan. He was talking about Nasir El-Rufai. What gives him that moral high ground to talk recklessly and unintelligently? Because the media, what is the media looking for? The the media, they are the ones who go to interviewing. They are the ones who collect money to put him on the air.
 
“If he’s talking about the FCT, yes, fine. But if it’s disparaging all that political opponents, the media has an obligation to give all the other persons that have been disparaged to have a right of reply.
 
“So we should not create a situation whereby, for monetary reasons, the Nigerian media is sucking up to a minister of the Federal Republic, who, in my view, is overreaching himself.”
Categories
News

Afghanistan Earthquake Kills 622 With More Than 1,500 Injured

Over 600 people have reportedly d!ed after a 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck Afghanistan.
The earthquake also left over 1,500 injured.
Helicopters ferried survivors from the rubble as rescuers combed through remote villages for more victims.
The magnitude 6.0 quake struck the eastern provinces of Kunar and Nangarhar, destroying homes and razing three villages in Kunar. Officials reported 610 deaths in Kunar and 12 in Nangarhar.
The country’s Military teams conducted 40 flights to transport more than 420 wounded and dead as aid efforts intensified.
This marks Afghanistan’s deadliest earthquake since June 2022, when over 1,000 lives were lost. The nation, already facing severe humanitarian challenges and a drop in foreign aid, has yet to receive international support for relief efforts.
Categories
News

Court Has Not Declared Rivers LG Poll Illegal – Wike Replies Atiku, Obi

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has pushed back against those slamming the recently conducted Rivers State Local government election.
Replying Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi, he stated that the court has not declared the Rivers State local government election illegal.
Atiku and Obi had in separate statements described the exercise as unlawful.
Wike, while speaking during a media parley on Monday, said the polls were legally conducted and commended by many for being free and fair.
“Listen, I don’t blame Atiku; he didn’t know that his boss signed the emergency rule in 2004. If he knew, if he was obedient and working along with his boss, who was President Olusegun Obasanjo, he would have known that the President has the power to make regulations for the governance of emergency areas.
 
“So, he was not in tune. He doesn’t know, and as I said, what you don’t know, don’t comment about it. If Atiku had comments about Customs, I know he has worked in Customs. I can give it to him, but this is law.”
The minister added that Obi lacked the moral right to speak about the conduct of elections.
 
“Now take Peter Obi. He said rascality. Who can be more [of a] rascal than Obi? Obi was the governor of Anambra State for eight years. He conducted local government elections two months before he left office — eight years as governor.”