Categories
Entertainment News

Billionaire Daughter, Tolani Otedola Celebrates Her Sister Temi and Mr Eazi’s Love

Tolani Otedola, the Nigerian singer and billionaire daughter, has celebrated her sister, Temi and her husband, Mr Eazi.

Tolani took to her Twitter page to share a heartfelt message to Temi, who is her younger sister, Temi.

On Twitter, Tolani described Temi as “the most breathtaking bride I’ve ever laid eyes on,” saying her heart overflowed with joy seeing her so happy.

She went on to add: “Love you endlessly. Congratulations my loves Temi & Eazi.”

See Below

Here

Categories
News

Nigerian Doctors To Decide On Nationwide Strike Today

The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) will today (Wednesday) convene its National Executive Council meeting to decide on the next steps regarding its pending ultimatum to the Federal Government.

The association had earlier issued a 10-day ultimatum to relevant government agencies, warning that members would embark on a nationwide strike if their demands were not met.

The threat comes amid mounting pressure on Nigeria’s fragile public health system, which is already grappling with a shortage of doctors, poor infrastructure, and overcrowded hospitals.

Resident doctors, who constitute the majority of the medical workforce in teaching and specialist hospitals, have repeatedly gone on strike in recent years over unpaid wages, poor welfare, and inadequate working conditions.

Experts warn that another shutdown could cripple healthcare delivery, forcing patients to seek expensive private care and worsening health outcomes nationwide.

In a communiqué issued on September 1, 2025, and signed by NARD President, Dr. Tope Osundara; General Secretary, Dr. Oluwasola Odunbaku; and Publicity and Social Secretary, Dr. Omoha Amobi, the doctors demanded immediate payment of the outstanding 2025 Medical Residency Training Fund, settlement of five months’ arrears from the 25–35 per cent Consolidated Medical Salary Structure review, and other long-standing salary backlogs.

They also demanded the payment of the 2024 accoutrement allowance arrears, prompt disbursement of specialist allowances, and restoration of the recognition of the West African postgraduate membership certificates.

In addition, they called on the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria to issue membership certificates to all deserving candidates, implement the 2024 CONMESS, resolve outstanding welfare issues in Kaduna State, and address the plight of resident doctors at LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso.

Speaking with The PUNCH on Tuesday, Dr. Osundara said the outcome of today’s NEC meeting would determine the association’s next step.

“We are holding our NEC meeting tomorrow (today), and the outcome will determine our next line of action. At the meeting, we will review whether the government has made any meaningful progress on addressing our demands. If there is a positive response, it will guide our decision, but if not, the council will take a firm stance on the next steps, including the possibility of industrial action,”
he said.

NARD First Vice-President, Dr. Tajudeen Abdulrauf, also confirmed that the NEC would reconvene today to assess the situation.

“The outcome of the meeting will depend on the government’s response to our demands. If they are not addressed, we cannot guarantee industrial harmony, and a strike remains likely. Remember, we gave a three-week ultimatum in July and extended it. In the spirit of dialogue, the NEC mandated the National Officers’ Committee to engage stakeholders for another three weeks, yet nothing has been done. When we meet tomorrow, we will review the government’s response and decide on the next line of action,”
Abdulrauf said.

Categories
News

NUPENG Calls Off Strike After Meeting With Dangote Group

NUPENG has announced the suspension of its nationwide strike against the Dangote Group.
Recall that NUPENG had threatened to embark on strike after the Dangote Group allegedly refused to allow its workers join NUPENG.
The strike was called off following a meeting convened by the Department of State Services (DSS), attended by the Ministers of Labour and Finance, Dangote Group officials, and representatives from the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA).
Both parties reached an agreement, bringing an end to the brief nationwide industrial action.
Categories
Sport News

2026 WCQ: Nigeria’s 1-1 Draw With South Africa Good Result – Super Eagles Coach, Chelle

Eric Chelle, Super Eagles coach has reacted to Nigeria’s 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifier 1-1 draw with South Africa.
Recall that the game was played on Tuesday.
Chelle spoke to reporters at his post-match interview after the game at the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein.
Recall that William Troost-Ekong’s own-goal gave Bafana Bafana the lead in the 22nd minute.
But Calvin Bassey equalized for the Super Eagles before half time.
Both teams failed to score in the second half as the match ended in a draw after normal time.
 
“At the beginning in the second half we put alot of pressure on South Africa but missing something maybe the last technical skills, maybe the last pass,” Chelle said.
“So the draw with a good result, to get a draw in South Africa, it’s a good result but for us we wanted to win, so we are a little dissapointed but this is football.”
Chelle’s side are in their position with 11 points with two games left, while South Africa and Benin Republic have 17 and 16 points, respectively.
Categories
News

No Immediate Plan to Implement 5% Fuel Tax – Nigerian Govt

The Federal Government has said it is not planning to implement the 5 per cent Petroleum Products Tax soon.
Recall that the tax is contained in the new tax legislation.
The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun, made this known at a press briefing in Abuja on Tuesday.
This is coming after the tax generated widespread anger among Nigerians, with organised labour issuing the government an ultimatum to cancel it or face industrial action.
Categories
News

ADC Has Over 100 Senators, About 400 Reps – Dino Melaye

Dino Melaye, a former Kogi West Senator has vowed that the African Democratic Congress, ADC will unseat President Bola Tinubu in 2027.
This is as he claimed the ADC now has more senators and House of Representatives members.
Melaye disclosed that the ADC now has over 100 Senators, both former and serving, and about 400 members of the House of Representatives, both serving and former.
In an interview on Arise Television’s Prime Time, Melaye said the ADC is fast becoming a political force with the party witnessing more former state governors.
The Kogi State-born politician vowed that the ADC will unseat the President Bola Tinubu’s All Progressives Congress, APC, in 2027.
 
“As I speak, we have over 100 Senators, both former and serving, who are members of the ADC.
 
“We have close to 400 members of the House of Representatives, former and serving, who are members of the ADC,” he said.
Categories
News

2Baba’s Wife Natasha Osawaru Wins Best Legislator Award in Abuja

Hon. Natasha Osawaru has won the Best Legistlator Award at the 2025 National Leadership Awards in Abuja.
Natasha who is the newlywed wife of Nigerian music legend 2baba, represents Egor Constituency in the Edo State House of Assembly.
The recognition ceremony took place at the Nigerian Merit House, Maitama, where the Edo-born lawmaker was celebrated for her outstanding contributions to women’s empowerment, education, healthcare, and youth development.
Sharing the news on Instagram, she wrote:
“I am deeply honoured to receive the Best Legislator Award at the 2025 National Leadership Awards. This recognition is for the people of Egor Constituency, Edo State, whose trust drives my commitment to women empowerment, education, healthcare, and youth development. Together, we rise!”
Categories
Entertainment News

I’m Still Alive And Well – Ebenezer Obey Debunks D3ath Rumours

Music legend Ebenezer Obey has debunked reports that he is d3ad.
This is coming after a report claimed he he suffered a stroke and d!ed.
Reacting to the rumour, he described them as “lies from the kingdom of darkness.”
He also shared a video via his Instagram page to debunk the news.
Flanked by his two sons, the singer captioned it:
“Stop the rumours!!!! Ebenezer Obey is alive and well.”
The veteran musician explained that he had travelled to London for personal care and expressed frustration over the false reports, which included fabricated images of coffins.
This is not the first time Obey has had to refute such claims—similar rumours surfaced in 2020 and again earlier this year.
Reaffirming his faith, Obey said, “Everything they have said is nothing but lies that came from the kingdom of darkness. I am alive, I am alive, says the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you very much. I don’t have a stroke. I came to London to look after myself.”
See Below

Here

Categories
Sport News

FIFA Speaks On South Africa’s Qualification For 2026 World Cup After Ahead of Nigeria Game

FIFA has reacted to Nigeria’s world cup qualifying game against South Africa.
The match will be played today in South Africa.
FIFA said South Africa could qualify for the 2026 World Cup, if they defeat Nigeria in a qualifying game today.
The world football governing stated this in a post on X.
It read: “Two more teams could secure @fifaworldcup 26 qualification today!
 
“Egypt will qualify if they beat Burkina Faso, while South Africa will qualify if they beat Nigeria, and Benin fail to beat Lesotho.”
Bayana Bayana currently lead Group C with 16 points, six more than the Super Eagles have recorded so far.
FIFA are, however, yet to announce a verdict on South Africa fielding an ineligible player against Lesotho in March.
Teboho Mokoena should have served a suspension after picking up two yellow cards, but he was still fielded.
Lesotho have since filed a protest, demanding South Africa be docked three points and the result overturned to a 3-0 defeat.
Categories
Entertainment News

Afrobeats Is Not a Genre of Music – Seun Kuti

Controversial singer, Seun Kuti has submitted that Afrobeats is not a genre of music.
He claimed Afrobeats is just a title.
The Grammy-nominated Afrobeat musician explained that Afrobeats artists and executives don’t treat it like a genre.
In a recent interview with The Beat 99.9 FM Lagos, Kuti argued that Afrobeats is just a tag for music from the Africa.
 
“I think Afrobeats is more of a title than a genre. You can see Amapiano is the new Afrobeats. It’s the new title, it’s the new thing in Afrobeats. So, Afrobeats is just a generalisation; it’s just a title to identify something from a particular place [Africa].
 
“I don’t think it’s a genre. Even the gatekeepers, the big names don’t deal with it like a genre, they don’t work it like a genre. They are [Afrobeats] artists that are eclectic in a way that they could do a dancehall track today, do a blue track tomorrow, do a Nigerian pop sound, jump on Amapiano, and whatever that is trending. So, I think it’s actually a title,” he stated.