Categories
News

Step-By-Step Guide For Checking 2025 NECO Results

Following the announcement of the 2025 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE Internal) results, candidates can now check their scores online using this step-by-step guide.

To check your results, candidates are required to visit the official NECO result portal at results.neco.gov.ng and follow the instructions carefully.

Here we highlights the step-by-step guide for checking 2025 NECO SSCE results:

  • Visit the official NECO result checking portal at results.neco.gov.ng.
  • Select the examination year (e.g., 2025) and the exam type (SSCE Internal or External).
  • Enter your NECO Examination Number.
  • Enter your NECO Result Checking Token number, which must be purchased beforehand on the portal.
  • Click the “Check Result” button to view your results.
  • Download and print your result for safekeeping.

Important: Ensure you purchase your token through the official NECO portal or authorised vendors to avoid invalid tokens.

Categories
News

Our Drivers Earn More Than Graduates, Four Times Minimum Wage – Dangote Says

Aliko Dangote, President of Dangote Group, has stated that the company’s drivers earn four times the national minimum wage in Nigeria.

Dangote made this know on Tuesday in an interview on Arise Television.

He added that their drivers earn better than graduates, stressing that joining the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, should be voluntary

“The trucks we launched didn’t stop anyone from their work. We hear there will be a loss of jobs. Will our tankers be driven by robots?

“Every truck is about six people. So these trucks they are fighting over will create 24,000 jobs.

“What we are saying is that our salary is almost three or four times their own. After five years free accident, a driver can apply and get a house loan.

“Our drivers earn more than graduates. If you look at what they earn in a month, it’s almost four times the national minimum wage,” he said.

Categories
News

Staff Jump From Storey Building As Fire Guts UBA Lagos Island Branch (Video)

Staff members of the United Bank for Africa, UBA, branch on Lagos Island have jumped to safety following a fire incident.
Videos shared online showed some of the bank’s staff seen attempting to jump down from the storey building.
The workers were captured in the video trying to escape through the windows.
As at the time of this report, emergency responders are yet to make official statements on the incident.
Watch the video below

Here

Categories
News

I’ll Be There – Sowore Replies As DSS Drags Him to Court Over Tinubu Comment

A former presidential candidate and an activist, Omoyele Sowore has said he will answer in court after being sued by the Department of State Services, DSS over a post he made calling President Bola Tinubu a criminal.
Recall that we had earlier reported that the DSS on Tuesday instituted a five-count charge at the Federal High Court in Abuja against Sowore and social media platforms X, Meta (parent company of Facebook).
The charges, marked FHC/ABJ/CR/484/2015, were instituted by the Federal Republic of Nigeria as complainant, with Sowore, X Inc., and Meta Inc. listed as defendants.
In his reaction, Sowore said he would be present whenever he is needed in court.
“The State Security Service, alias @OfficialDSSNG today filed a 5-count charge at the Federal High Court in Abuja against ‘@X’ (formerly @Twitter), @facebook , and myself,” he wrote on X.
“They claimed that because I called @officialABAT a criminal, I have somehow committed a set of “novel” offences they invented and spread across five counts.
 
“It’s hard to believe there’s anyone sensible left in these offices that should be making Nigeria work. Regardless, I will be present whenever this case is assigned for trial. #RevolutionNow.”
Sowore had earlier revealed he was written by the security outfit who demanded of him to remove the post against the President and tender an unreserved apology.
The activist, however vowed never to remove his post nor apologize.
Categories
News

DSS Files Five Charges Against Sowore

The Department of State Services (DSS) has filed five-count legal action at the Federal High Court in Abuja against human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore.
The DSS also included some social media platforms like 𝕏 (Twitter), Meta (Facebook) as defendants over Sowore’s post against President Bola Tinubu.
The charge sheet states that Sowore is alleged to have used his official 𝕏 account and his Facebook page on August 25 and 26, 2025, to post comments labelling President Tinubu as a “criminal” and accusing him of dishonesty regarding corruption during an official visit to Brazil.
Court documents sighted on Tuesday revealed that the charges, marked FHC/ABJ/CR/484/2015, were instituted by the Federal Republic of Nigeria as complainant, with Sowore, 𝕏 Inc., and Meta Inc. listed as defendants.
The DSS alleged that the posts were false, defamatory, and capable of inciting public disorder, thereby violating provisions of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Amendment Act, 2024, as well as sections of the Criminal Code Act.
Count one and two of the charge accuse Sowore of knowingly posting false information on both platforms to cause a breakdown of law and order. Counts three and four specifically allege defamation against the person and reputation of President Tinubu. Count five charges Sowore with publishing false information with intent to cause public fear and disturbance.
Categories
News

Tinubu Cannot Solve Nigeria’s Hunger – Atiku Warns of Revolution

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has slammed President Bola Tinubu over the rising level of hunger and hardship in the country.
He lamented that Nigerians are suffering from poverty under President Bola Tinubu’s administration.
He noted that Tinubu is not capable of solving Nigeria’s problems.
‎In a statement by his Media Aide, Paul Ibe, Atiku recalled how poverty and hunger caused revolutions in the Arab world, as well as France and Russia.
In a statement released today September 15, the African Democratic Party (ADC) chieftain described the level of hunger in the country as unacceptable, particularly among the underprivileged and downtrodden.
“Whatever reform the Tinubu government might claim to be undertaking, the point remains that food insecurity is a daily occurrence nationwide.  There is no government worth its salt that does not place priority on the welfare and security of the people” Atiku said
He warned that “most violent socio-political uprisings and revolutions around the world have been driven by widespread hunger and unbearable living conditions, especially the paradox of extreme poverty in a land of abundance.”
The former Vice President emphasized that the primary responsibility of any government is to ensure the security and welfare of its citizens.
However, he lamented that under the leadership of President Tinubu and the All Progressives Congress (APC), millions of Nigerians are increasingly trapped in poverty and misery.
He further stated that the current state of the nation offers little reason for optimism, as it is fueling a growing surge in criminal activities, including large-scale fraud, terrorism, kidnapping, cultism, drug abuse, and ritual killings, among others.
He advised that the “current unacceptable situation offers an opportunity for reflection,” citing historical examples such as the French Revolution, the 1917 Russian Revolution, and the Arab Spring.
He recalled how a young man, driven by unbearable frustration, set himself ablaze, an act that triggered widespread socio-political unrest, beginning in Tunisia and spreading across the Middle East and North Africa.
“Back home here in Nigeria, it may not be out of place to argue that even the “ENDSARS” protest was fuelled by the traumatising frustration of hunger and insensitivity on the part of the government,” he said.
He stressed further that since reforms are made for citizens and not the other way round, the reforms of this administration should have a human face.
“Whether the present powers accept it or not, the reality of our existence is that the poor are increasingly dying of hunger while the majority of the living poor exists at the mercy of the ill-advised policies of this government.” he said
Categories
News

Elon Musk Purchases $1 billion in Tesla Shares to Boost Stock

In a bid to boost Tesla stock, CEO Elon Musk has purchased around $1 billion worth of Tesla shares.
Following the purchase, Tesla stock rose by six percent on Monday, September 15.
A filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission showed that Musk, who also owns social media platform X and space company SpaceX, acquired 2.57 million shares on Friday at prices between $371 and $396 each.
The investment comes in the same month Tesla outlined a proposed compensation package for Musk that could exceed $1 trillion if he delivers on ambitious growth targets driven by new technologies. Tesla chair Robyn Denholm has been actively defending the plan in recent business media appearances, describing Musk as “a generational leader” uniquely capable of steering the company in the years ahead.
The package would give Musk up to 12 percent more of Tesla’s total shares if the company hits a market capitalization of at least $8.5 trillion by 2035. A shareholder vote on the proposal is scheduled for November.
The plan also comes as Tesla challenges a Delaware court ruling that voided Musk’s previous 2018 pay deal worth $55.8 billion.
Tesla’s market capitalization currently stands at just over $1 trillion, below earlier highs following weaker-than-expected earnings. Analysts have linked the dip in performance partly to Musk’s political stances and alignment with far-right figures, which have drawn backlash and slowed sales in some key markets.
Categories
News

Obtain Licence Before Teaching – FG to Teachers

The Federal Ministry of Education has released a new policy mandating all teachers in the country to registered with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) and the National Teachers’ Institute (NTI).
According to FG, all teachers must obtain a licence from TRCN before teaching as part of efforts to raise teaching standards and improve education outcomes nationwide.
The Ministry stated this in a statement released on Sunday via its official X handle.
Under the new framework, NTI will focus on in-service training and community-based professional development programmes, while TRCN will handle the regulation and licensing of teachers across Nigeria.
Education Minister Dr. Maruf Alausa unveiled fresh guidelines for both agencies, covering teacher registration, professional development, compliance monitoring, welfare, and curriculum standards.
 
“No teacher will stand before a Nigerian classroom without TRCN registration and licensing. This guarantees competent and professional teaching for every child,” Alausa said. “This reform is about results and sustainability. Nigerian children will be taught by the best, prepared for the best, and supported by the best. It is Renewed Hope in action.”
The minister had earlier directed secondary schools to ensure that their teachers are properly certified, warning that uncertified schools will lose accreditation to serve as examination centres.
Starting in 2027, accreditation for both public and private schools to host public examinations — including WASSCE, NABTEB, NECO, and NBIAS — will be strictly tied to teachers’ TRCN certification.
Categories
News

Tinubu Will Finish His 8 Years Before Power Will Return to the North – Governor Umar Bago

Governor Umar Bago of Niger State has slammed those agitating for a northern presidency.
This is as he declared that political power will return to the northern region after President Bola Tinubu completes a second term in office.
Speaking on a TVC program, Bago criticised those already agitating for a northern presidency just two years into Tinubu’s tenure, warning that such demands were premature.
 
“For crying out loud, this man has just spent two years in office and you want it to come back to the north. How?” the governor asked.“When he finishes his eight years, power will come to the north and northerners who want to contest can then contest.”
Categories
News

IMF, World Bank Forced Nigeria to Remove Subsidy – Falana

Human rights lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, has made an allegation against the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
He accused IMF and the World Bank of compelling Nigeria to remove petrol subsidies
Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, Falana argued that the removal was not a locally designed policy but an externally imposed condition.
 
“There’s no way you can remove subsidies completely; no country in the entire world has abolished subsidies completely,” he said. “Even leading Western countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, France and others subsidise electricity, agriculture and many aspects of people’s lives. It was the World Bank and the IMF that insisted the government must remove all subsidies.”
President Bola Tinubu announced the end of petrol subsidies on May 29, 2023, during his inauguration. Shortly after, the Central Bank of Nigeria unified the foreign exchange market.
Falana said the two policies have worsened inflation, driven up living costs, and deepened economic hardship for millions of Nigerians.
He also criticised the government’s plan to introduce a new five percent fuel surcharge, insisting that funds already owed to the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) must first be remitted.
Falana explained that section 14 of the FERMA Act 2007 established a five percent user charge on fuel sales, with 40 percent allocated to federal roads and 60 percent to state roads. He alleged that the funds were never implemented.
 
“Between 2007 and 2011, FERMA confirmed that no funds were remitted despite deductions from petrol prices at source,” he said. “By 2022, even the Senate confirmed that over one trillion naira was owed to FERMA. Before introducing new levies, the government must tell Nigerians what happened to the earlier deductions.”
He warned that imposing the new surcharge could amount to multiple taxation and further burden already struggling citizens.
Falana also urged an end to the “dollarisation” of the economy, noting that rejecting the naira for local transactions is a criminal offence.