Categories
News Politics

Using my military’s “oath of fealty,” I refuted the #LekkiMassacre: General Enenche

General John Enenche has sought to clarify his behavior in denying the #LekkiMassacre while serving as the Director of Defence Information in response to requests for his removal from the Labour Party presidential campaign council.

In a statement issued Friday night, Mr. Enenche, a retired major general, claimed that his actions as a former military spokesman were motivated by the “overriding interest of Nigerians at heart” as evidenced by the pledge of fealty he took while entering the military.

Widespread criticism from supporters who take offense with Mr. Enenche’s intervention in the wake of the Lekki Tollgate incident resulted from his inclusion on the list of a 1,234-member strong campaign council for the Peter Obi-Yusuf Datti presidential campaign for the 2023 elections.

Nigerian military opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters on October 20, 2020, when they gathered at the Lekki Tollgate to call for an end to police brutality, which was primarily carried out by the now-defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad. Many protesters reportedly died after being shot by government officials while kneeling on the ground, singing the national anthem, and displaying the Nigerian flag.

The federal and Lagos governments still deny that any people died as a result of the unnecessary military action. In the midst of the debate, Mr. Enenche also asserted that DJ Switch’s live broadcast of a protester who had been there at the site on that tragic night had been “photoshopped.”

When they learned that Mr. Enenche was being included in the current #EndSARS movement, many of the demonstrators who are now the main forces behind the Peter Obi presidential campaign grew incensed.

However, Mr. Enenche insists that each person who spoke out about the contentious #LekkiMassacre topic did so based on the information that was accessible to them.

Following my appointment to the Labour Party’s campaign council, there were responses on social media to my statement regarding a video taken on October 20, 2020, at the scene of the ENDARS incident at the Lekki toll gate, Mr. Enenche said.

According to their respective analyses and the material they had access to, “everyone who commented in any way was right. Based on the sacred oath of devotion I took while entering the military, I labored both personally and professionally with the best interests of Nigerians at heart. Through social media, I genuinely felt the pain of that breaking news, he continued.

Mr. Obi has already made hints that the party will address the concerns of its supporters and correct all “omissions and erroneous entries.”

However, Mr. Enenche claims that despite his long-standing friendships with Mr. Obi (17 years) and Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed (5 years), his running companion, he did not waver in his support for them.

“I did not back down from my decision to publicly and impartially endorse the candidacies of HE Mr. Peter Obi and Dr. Yusuf Ahmed-Datti. All based on my acquaintance with the pair for roughly 17 years and 5 years, respectively, that they can offer the Nation excellent leadership that will ensure successful followership, he said.

Categories
Entertainment News News

Cannabis Brand Launched by Burna Boy

In Miami, Florida, the American music icon Burna Boy formally started his cannabis company.

The famous African musician Burna Boy has formally introduced his cannabis line in Miami, Florida, in the United States.

Burna Boy, a multi-award-winning musician and dynamic performer, has discovered his entrepreneurial side after launching his own cannabis brand called “BrkFst” in collaboration with the Jokes Up/Ice Kream group. The Black Cannabis Magazine confirmed this, adding that this became official on Friday, October 7, 2022.

The black cannabis magazine stated:

Nigerian Afrobeats sensation and Grammy Award winner Burna Boy launched his brand BrkFst, a partnership with Jokes Up/ Ice Kream Friday, October 7th in South Beach, Miami.

Burna Boy is bringing his addition to the Cannabis Community by naming his brand BrkFst. Most smokers will resonate because they start the day with morning marijuana consumption, Breakfast; your first meal. Hence the slogan is #Brkfstisforsmokers

Categories
Entertainment News News

According to reports, Mohbad was hospitalized following an altercation with Naira Marley and other members of the record label.

Mohbad, a musician, and his assistant Oreoluwa Oladapo have been admitted to the hospital following an alleged attack by Naira Marley, the head of his record label. 

On Wednesday, October 5, Oreoluwa uploaded footage to Twitter showing his damaged body and Mohbad.

He wrote: “If I die, the whole of marlians music individuals(naira Marley and his boiz)should be held responsible. Look how my brothers and I were treated without even engaging in any physical fight with any of the marlian music people. I was dragged naked on the road and naira Marley did nothing about it, I lost some of my valuables.

In another post, Oreoluwa claimed he has been receiving threat messages.

He wrote: “I’m getting threatening messages. I no fear to die oGod na im give person life. I was stripped naked on the streets like a dog or a thief. Me wey no touch anything just apologising.”

Recall that during his ordeal with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in February 2022, Mohbad whose real name is Ilerioluwa Oladimeji raised an alarm over an alleged threat to his life by Naira Marley and others.

In a video that circulated on the internet on Friday, February 25, the Naira Marley’s associate could be heard lamenting and calling out the names of his colleagues saying they want to kill him.

“I don’t know why these individuals have been attempting to kill me. They have been badmouthing me and doing bad things to me. Everyone on earth, please aid me! 

“Naira Marley will kill me if I pass away like this na Marlian song.” Never, ever will my God screw me over. I have no faith in anyone. He declared, “I’m going to the hospital. 

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) detained Mohbad and another artist, Zinoleesky, for possession of illegal narcotics.

Categories
News Politics

According to Joke Silva’s daughter-in-law, “Obedience Is Better Than Sack Of Rice.”

Blessing Joke Silva’s veteran daughter-in-law, Douglas, has spoken out about her involvement with Tinubu’s Support. 

Joke Silva and Foluke Daramola gained Twitter attention after they participated in the women’s protest in support of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the APC’s presidential candidate. 

The demonstration, which started on Monday, October 3rd at Onikan Stadium and covered Lagos Island, attracted celebrities, businesswomen, and professionals from a range of disciplines. They were sporting t-shirts with the APC’s logos and phrases written on them.

However, there was substantial debate over Joke Silva’s support of Bola Tinubu. Others questioned her moral rationale and questioned where she had left her hurt husband, Olu Jacobs, while some internet users expressed their joy that she spoke out in support of her candidates while showing their entire breasts. 

Blessing responded by discussing how she was bullied as a result of the seasoned actress’ engagement in Tinubu’s campaign in her Instagram story.

The veteran was also mocked by the single mother who said that obedience was preferable to a bag of rice. 

“Just like that, a stray bullet touched a person. Obeying is preferable to a sack of rice. 

Check out the post below:

Categories
News

In Warri, youths demonstrate against the EFCC (See Video & Photos).

On Tuesday (yesterday)in Warri, Delta State, some young people protested the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). 

This occurs just days after the EFCC detained 95 alleged Internet scammers in Warri.

See photos below:

May God help us in this Country.

Guys 👇

What Do You Have To Say About This Protest Against The EFCC?

Let’s hear from you all.

Categories
News

The ICAO council expelled Russia.

Due to its invasion of Ukraine, Russia has been expelled from the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) at the current United Nations General Assembly for aviation, which started last week in Montreal, Canada. 

Russia was removed from the United Nations Organization for Aviation’s top division after a democratic vote among member nations, marking the organization’s first expulsion of a nation from that position.

Russia refused to accept the election results after more than 170 nations cast ballots, calling for a new vote. However, the vast majority of nations declared the election to be free, fair, and conclusive. 

This change is viewed as a major turning point for the ICAO, where the status quo has been “constant” for the past 70 years. 

More than 190 nations are currently members of ICAO, a specialized organization of the United Nations established to establish global safety, environmental, and operational standards for commercial aviation.

Additionally, Russia won’t be allowed to fly to any European destinations, according to the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), which is in charge of assuring safety and environmental protection in air travel throughout Europe. 

Russia won’t take part in international aviation events, and their aircraft won’t be recognized safe enough to fly in the airspace of any ICAO member state.

Categories
News Politics

Nigerians Are Being Warned by Tinubu Against Making “Another Mistake” in Elections.

In preparation for the general election in 2023, Tinubu asked the electorate to exercise “intelligent and discerning” judgment. 

Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, has urged Nigerians to learn from the “mistakes of the past” as political campaigns formally begin on Wednesday. 

In a statement on Wednesday, Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, also asked the populace to exercise “intelligent and discerning” judgment as they got ready to elect the nation’s next president in the general election of 2023.

“We must show that we have learned from mistakes of the past. We must be prepared to make difficult decisions. We must be wise, we must be discerning; we must choose progress. We must favour reason over sentiment,” Tinubu said in a message to mark the official commencement of the 2023 presidential election campaign activities across the country”. 

In preparation for the elections in 2019, Nigeria’s electoral agency, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), today formally lifted the ban on political party campaigning. 

Last weekend, INEC made public the names and qualifications of the political parties’ candidates for the election.

In the contest to succeed incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari, Messrs. Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) are seen as the front-runners among 15 others. 

Since the former governor of Lagos entered the competition for success. Many Nigerians have expressed serious concern over Buhari’s health, particularly his detractors who have questioned if he is qualified to lead a nation that takes pride in being a “giant of Africa.” 

Videos of 70-year-old Tinubu with his clothes wet have repeatedly been brought up by his detractors to raise concerns about his weakened health and insinuate that the APC presidential contender may struggle with incontinence.

In spite of this, Tinubu pleaded with Nigerians to join him in his goal of winning the position of leader of the nation, saying he was prepared to lead the nation to greater glory through creative ideas. 

He claimed that as they launch their campaigns to persuade the populace to elect them to power, he and his running companion, Kashim Shettima, are prepared to present their vision of a flourishing Nigeria.

“Our nation stands at a brink of history,” continued Tinubu. Like practically every other country in the globe, we are faced with formidable obstacles. Some of them are of our own making, while others are the results of circumstances that are completely out of any Nigerian’s control. We cannot afford to make a mistake on this one, that much is evident. 

As the APC gets ready to launch its campaign, Tinubu’s choice of a Muslim-Muslim ticket has also been a significant oddity. 

Even while the APC presidential candidate stated his action was based on merit rather than religious concern, the fact that Shettima, a sitting senator on the same faith platform, was flown has drawn criticism.

Categories
News

Kizz Daniel Has Purchased a New Mansion.

Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe, popularly known as Kizz Daniel, a popular Nigerian singer, has purchased a new mansion. 

The Afrobeats musician, who is presently on a globe tour, announced the news on his social media page. 

He has “always desired a house along the waters for my wife and kids,” he says. He posted pictures and wrote: WHAT A YEAR ALWAYS WANTED A HOUSE BESIDE THE WATERS FOR MY WIFE AND KIDS , SO , GOD AND THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD HELPED ME BUGA. 

THANK YOU.
RTID TO BE POSTPONED TILL NOVEMBER…. BUT ODO OUT OCT 14th 

Nigerian celebrities and followers of the artist have celebrated with him on social media. He deserves congratulations.

Categories
News

Omah Lay is said to have purchased a new mansion.

Omah Lay of Port-Harcourt appears to be living life to the fullest as he apparently gets a new mansion. See the images of his rumored new crib below.

Omah Lay, the creator of Boy Alone and Port-own Harcourt’s Afrobeats wunderkind, has made a new comment on the music scene after photographs of a mansion he allegedly just purchased surfaced on the internet.

On September 28th, a user with the handle @RichyWokes shared the news on Twitter. The poster captioned photographs of a beautiful property with Omah Lay himself appearing in one of the photos, “Big ups bro @Omah Lay” in the tweet.

Omah Lay, a very closeted artist known for sticking to himself as demonstrated on his debut album, Boy Alone, has yet to make note of his allegedly new acquisition and may not verify or deny it for some time. 

However, images of the allegedly acquired mansion may be found below.

Categories
News

Falz responds to the destruction of cocaine in Lagos worth N194 billion by the NDLEA.

The rapper is not persuaded by the alleged destruction planned by the NDLEA.

Falz, a well-known Nigerian rapper, musician, and songwriter, was one among the numerous Nigerians who responded to the most recent NDLEA activities.

In a warehouse in Ikorodu, Lagos, the National Drug Law Enforcment Agency (NDLEA) recently found 1.8 tonnes of cocaine, which is estimated to be worth a staggering N19 billion Naira on the black market. On Tuesday, September 27, 2022, the agency released videos and photos showing that it had set the cocaine on fire.

Heavyweight rapper, a lawyer, and rights advocate, questioned the burning of the cocaine on Twitter the same day in response to the news. The rapper claims that the entire burning event is a hoax because the substance will be used as evidence in court and shouldn’t be interfered with. He stated: This administration must really think that we are daft sha!! What is this lamba that the NDLEA is giving with this cocaine seizure saga? Dem dey burn evidence?